Atlanta Immersion & Leadership Program (AILP) :
- After a GT-Shenzhen student has complete all required coursework for the GT MS ECE degree (typically over 3 semesters), he/she has the option to participate in an 8-week long “Atlanta Immersion and Leadership Program” on an F-1 visa. In addition to 8 weeks of classes, the student can arrive up to 30 days prior to the official start of the I-20, and depart up to 60 days after the official end of the I-20 (grace period). Thus the total duration of the US stay can be 4-5 months.
- It is possible to extend the F-1 visa by registering for a 2nd (3rd … if necessary) immersion session taking different classes in each session. F-1 students must register for 4 courses each session.
- The AILP has lower cost than the cost of attending a regular academic semester in Atlanta since the courses taught on the AILP are non-degree courses.
- Tuition & fees for AILP is estimated to be around $3,000 which includes：
- Tuition for 4 (professional education / non-degree) courses
- I-20 fee
- Campus health services fee
- Medical insurance
- Organized program activities: Leadership Challenge Course, excursions / site visits, etc
5. Lodging cost is additional. On-campus dormitory can be arranged for the summer and sometimes for the spring as well. Students will have to stay off-campus if coming during the fall semester.
6. What you may do on AILP besides taking the 4 courses:
- Language immersion; improve communication skills in English
- Culture immersion: both American culture and GT culture
- Get to know GT professors or visit prospective PhD programs in other US universities
- Travel & leisure during the 60-day grace period following the 8 weeks of study
- Course dates (using 2015 as example)
- Spring: Jan 11 – March 4
- Summer: Jun 1 – August 5
- Fall: Aug 22 – Oct 14
2. Non-degree courses:
- Advanced Academic Speaking
- Business Case Analyses
- Cross-Cultural Communication 1
- Service Learning
For more information. Please (click here)